1. To bring in research ambience among the faculty members, U.G and P.G. Students
2. To create an awareness regarding the research work carried out by fellow researcher in a department/school to facilitate collaborative research
3. To motivate interdisciplinary research proposals to funding agencies
4. To Recognize best research students and faculty for encouragement with medals to enhance better future.
1. Research works: Total number of Research publications in national and international Journals from faculty members of Andhra Medical College and King George Hospital for the last three years : 350 (2014 to till date),
2. Dr E.Peda Verraju Medal in diagnostic wings post graduate students to encourage research culture among PG students.
3. Dr. Kuppachi Krishna Murthy Memorial Medal for the Best PG Research Paper in Medicine & Allied Specialities
Dr. E.Pedaveerraju Gold Medal for the Best PG Research Paper in Investigative Medicine (for the Departments of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology & Radiology) was conducted on 30th December 2019 by research forum, Andhra Medical College. Total ten papers were presented.
Dr. E.Peda veerraju Gold Medal was awarded to Dr. A.L.N. Priyanka, Department of Pathology. She has presented the research paper titled “Clinicopathological study and immuno-histochemical expression of Ki-67 in breast tumours“.
Cash prize was awarded to Dr. V. Hima Bindu, Department of Microbiology for the paper titled “Study of etiology of diarrheal diseases in paediatric age group with special reference to rotavirus”.
Dr. Rama Koteswararao, senior Pathologist, Dr. Jyothi Padmaja, Principal, GITAM Medical College, Dr Ramakrishna, Professor and Head, Biochemistry, Gayatri Vidya Parishad Medical College, acted as Judges.
Awards were presented by Dr. P.V. Sudhakar, Principal, Andhra Medical College and Dr. E. Pedaveerraju, former Professor & HOD, Gastroenterology department, AMC, VSP
Dr. Arjuna, Superintendent KGH and Dr. Butchi Raju, Prof & HoD, Neurology Department graced the occasion. Dr. A.Bhagyalakshmi, Chairperson, Research forum, Andhra Medical College, has presided over the meeting.
|Dr. A. Bhagya Lakshmi
|Chairman of AMC Research Forum
|Dr. Devi Madhavi
|Professor of Community Medicine
|Dr. G.Butchi Raju
|Treasurer, Professor of Neurology